Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Power of a Blog

I am beginning to see the power of the blog thanks to a wonderful woman I know named Erin. She has done more for the Science Fiction/Fantasy Community and the ConDuit Science Fiction/Fantasy Weekend (held most recently over this past Memorial Day Weekend) than most people ever have because of her blog, www.rpgwords.blogspot.com . She has discussed the good, the bad and the ugly and allowed others to post their comments and by so doing has generated a great discussion that I believe will be of great benefit not only to the ConDuit Convention but to all the clubs, individuals and other groups who hold direct or indirect interest in these genres. In short all of Utah Fandom (or Fen) no matter how great or small their interest and/or involvement is.
So to start with this blog is for you, whoever you are, who read it. I will post my opinion(s) from time to time and it is my hope that other members of the club will either post directly or send me things to post so we, as the members of the USS Tsunami, can add our voices to whatever interests us at the time in the hopes of creating a forum that will be informative, fun, and most importantly interesting for those who read it. We will also try to post stories, links and other things that will be intersting. (Any opinion I post will be mine and mine alone and not that of the group or anyother member and I truly do encourage discussion, disagreement and even support). I want to invite you to follow us, join us in our meetings/expeditions/activities we have. I/We look forward to hearing from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment